Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Some Serious Couponage..

Okay so Ive gotten super serious about this whole coupon thing. I have went to the length of purchasing a coupon binder, and using the trading card inserts to stick my coupons in. Granted some of my coupons are a little on the big side, but, it has worked really really well. I print out my shopping list of what I'm getting at what stores, and insert it in the very front of the binder under the clear pocket. Then I'm going to be getting dividers so its easier to find things, but right now I have them sorted into, Medicines, Skin Care/Razors, Men's Toiletries, Hair Care, Make Up, Paper Goods/Feminine Products, Oral Care, Kiddo Care, household Cleaners, Dish Soap, Air Fresheners, Laundry, Drinks, Frozen Food, Snacks, Meats/Meals, Sweets, Dairy Condiments, Misc., Rite Aid Coupons, Target Coupons, and Walgreen's Coupons. My hubby thinks I'm a little crazy, but he's happy I'm taking this seriously.

So today I went and did a little shopping. There was some really good deals that I just couldn't pass up. So this is from Rite Aid. I got 2 3-in-1 Purex Laundry Sheet Starters, 2 4 Pack Reveal light bulbs, a 16 pack of Kotex U, L'Oreal Vive Pro Straightening Gloss, and a Wet and Wild 5 piece eyeshadow pack. I spent $10.42 at Purchase, After my Rebates that I just sent in for I spent $2.93!!! And saved $40.56!!

So this is what I did. The Kotex U was $3.49, which is eligible for a $3.49 rebate, plus I had a $1.00 off coupon, so this I would have made a $1 on. The GE Reveal Light bulbs were on sale 2/$6.00, I had 2 $1 off coupons, then there were 2 $2.00 rebates for them, so those were free. The eyeshadow was on the clearance rack was $3.99, I got it for $.99. The L'Oreal VivePro was also on the clearance for $2.49, then I had a $1 off coupon for that one, so that was $1.49. The the Purex, was a b1g1 free plus I had a Rite Aid Coupon for $2 off and another coupon for $2 off. So 1 was Free the other I paid $4.99 for instead of $8.99. Then I had a $5 off $20 purchase coupon (subtotal before coupons counts!), so total I paid $10.42, with rebates $2.93!! Not bad!

Then I went to Walgreen's. This was a little more of expensive than Rite Aid, but considering what I got, I did fairly well.

I got A Reusable Walgreen's Tote, 2 Bayer 150 Count Aspirin, 2 3 pack Scotch Brite sponges, 1 Dawn Dish Soap, 3 John Frieda Styling Products, 1 Reynolds Foil, 2 Gummy Worms, 1 bag of TGI Fridays Potato Skin Chips (not pictured cause Alex ate them!) and a Redbox rental. Total I paid $20.00 but I have a $5 Register Reward I can use on next purchase, it it would have been $15.00.

So this is what I did, The totes were on sale for $.99 but there was a Walgreen's coupon to get 3/$.99, so I only got 1. Right now there is a $3 off Bayer Aspirin Coupon (limit 3) plus I had 2 $1.50 off coupons. But here's the kicker, there was no fine print on the Walgreen's coupon, so we were given the heads up you could get the smaller count aspirin and it was more than free.. well I waited to the last minute to get it, so when I get to Walgreen's this is what I see...
So now I have to get the more expensive one, but it still worked out to be a great deal. $6.49 down to $3.49, then after the coupons I got them both for $2 each. The Gummy Worms were advertised at $.39 each, plus I got a $.55 off 2 coupon, so I got them for $.12 each. The Sponges were a buy one get one free, then I had a coupon for $1 off so I got the two 3 packs for $2.99. The Dawn Walgreen's had a coupon for them to be $.99 plus I had a $.50 off coupon, so I got it for $.49!! The Reynolds Foil with Walgreen's Coupon was $.89, The Redbox was free thanks to the codes received by becoming a fan of their Facebook page. Then I got the John Frieda which are originally $6.49 each, I had 3 $2.50 off coupons, so each of then were $3.99, plus when you buy 3 you get $5 Register Rewards ($5 off your next purchase). So total I spent $20, but with the $5 off coupon its like spending $15.00!! Total savings $35.96!!! Still not too shabby.

I do want to go back to Rite Aid though. Right now there is a super hot deal on Claritin there, which is awesome cause Felix and I both have allergies. Right now certain Claritin are on sale for $8.99. I have a bunch of Claritin coupons ranging from $7 off to $2 off. Plus Some Rite Aid ones as well that I can double up on. And on top of that there is a $25 Rite Aid Gift Card Rebate when you buy any 3 Claritin. So this is a real potential money maker. The Rite Aid I went to today only had 1 box left, and I needed 3. So I might try the one on the west side tomorrow, see if I have any luck. Looks like I'm competing with a fellow couponer for these good items.. lol!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! I also have a binder:) I am not into it down here has much as I was in WA. I have got some good deals, but not like the $2.98 pull ups:)Keep up the good work and when I get back we will have to go shopping together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes definitely!! Alex loves to "help" mom with her coupons.. lol

    ReplyDelete